Audio Minds - Digital Audio Recording Forum        WDAW.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ****...n-Track Bug Reports...****  (Read 5194 times)
Mac
« on: August 30, 2004, 02:33:08 AM »

Please use this thread to post bug reports about n-Track ver 4.  

Only the reports here, please, if you have discussions or replies about the posted bugs, post a copy in a new thread down below.  

We will be better able to cut 'n paste the entire thread onto the FAsoft forum when it reopens if all bug reports are in one place.  

I think Flavio could use the information, and it would certainly help us n-Trackers out in the long run.  

Thanks,

--Mac
Mac
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 02:35:33 AM »

First report copied from post by user buschfsu:

hello im running build 1670 of ntrack 4.0 and this error about directx and bitrate/stereo vs mono keeps coming up.

its not the stereo thing cause ive loaded the mono and the full and they both fail. i can load it into cubase with no problem. anyone else having this?
thanks

Elwood Blues
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 02:30:07 AM »

Copied from Sandreasfault

i'd love to use 4.0, seeing as i paid for the upgrade, but hitting play in build 1670 introduces three alien midi notes and throws this message:

evaluation version, a sound is added every 20 seconds

yes, it's registered to me.

sigh.

-r

You have the capacity to learn from mistakes.  You'll learn a lot today.

In this age of all digital things, what was once analog is starting a revolution. (Preface of a sample-CD)

Oh, we usually have both - coun
Mac
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 03:44:09 PM »

bump
Joe
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 04:07:35 PM »

Alien Notes: I'm in the same situation.  I've just bought NTrack (build 1670) this evening - when I typed the registration info all the other 'demo' stuff went away except these three notes that sound every 20 seconds.  This problem even occurs on an empty project if I've pressed the 'Live' button.  

I've submitted a report to Flavio - it's a bit restricting as it is!

Joe.

Joe
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 04:08:23 PM »

Update on Alien Notes:  Flavio gave me a new couple of registration codes and everything is now hunky dory with no notes.
The old codes appeared to be accepted by N-Track (and put my name in 'registered to' in Help About), but didn't give me a 'Registration successful' dialog like the new ones.  All very strange, but I'm sorted so I'm happy!

Joe.
still4given
TapeOp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 04:48:35 PM »

I have a problem with the normalize function. Everytime I use it it crashes when finished normalizing the file. The file seems fine afterward but I have to reboot. Not fun. :tap:  
Bubbagump
Administrator
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 11:19:21 AM »

I have a problem with the normalize function. Everytime I use it it crashes when finished normalizing the file. The file seems fine afterward but I have to reboot. Not fun. :tap:
Flavio fixed that in build 1664.  

Check out my bands, or at least the ones that have a web presence:
http://www.punchthemonkeyband.com
http://myspace.com/theslangrock
bax3
TapeOp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 02:43:36 PM »

We are up to version 1702 and there have not been any posts here for some time.
any body using the newer builds?  What is your experience with the program.  I had to go back to ver 3.3 because I needed to finish some work.  Is it time to try ver 4.01?
Bax
Mike Floutier
Groupie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 04:39:54 PM »

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest version (4.0.2) and I still have a problem with vst-i instrument channels. Problem is that when I add the n-track reverb to the "always-on" eq window, it doesn't work. If I add it to an ordinary audio track it works fine.

I've posted a bug report but no response. Could someone else try it to see if it's just me.

Thanks

Mike
Pasher
Producer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 04:38:12 AM »

Ver 4.0.2 Build 1707
Just a small thing - on the master channel, the gain readout is below the pan slider, which is confusing, and there is no readout of the master pan position.
Maybe this is not a bug, but Flav using the limited space available?
Pa

gtr4Him
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2004, 12:37:50 PM »

I got the V4 upgrade last week. My only niggles so far, the graphics looked funky until I uninstalled v3.3. Anybody else seen this problem? If you move the mixer a certain way, the title bar becomes transparent. No big deal, but a few other anomalies are confusing. Getting v3.3 off the system fixed the problems though.

TG

People accuse me of being apathetic...

Meh... whatever...
phil5633
Groupie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 09:25:52 PM »

I've got 4.02 build 1707 and it seems to me that the spectrum analyzer is causing many more pops and clicks at just about any buffer setting when compared to earlier versions.

At the same time as I upgraded I also added an ATI FireGL 8800 128 MB. I was expecting the graphics card to take a load off the CPU; but that doesn't seem to be the case when a spectrum analyzer is active and displayed.
Mac
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 09:42:09 PM »

I've got 4.02 build 1707 and it seems to me that the spectrum analyzer is causing many more pops and clicks at just about any buffer setting when compared to earlier versions.

At the same time as I upgraded I also added an ATI FireGL 8800 128 MB. I was expecting the graphics card to take a load off the CPU; but that doesn't seem to be the case when a spectrum analyzer is active and displayed.

What CPU are you running?  

thanks,

--Mac
phil5633
Groupie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 10:06:46 PM »

I'm running XP Hpme (service pack 2) on a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz with 512MB of memory, an 80 GB 7400 rpm IDE sysem drive, 36 GB 10000 rpm SATA recording drive, ATI FireGL 8800 128 MB video controller and MOTU 828 mkII digital interface. I track 12 tracks.

BTW, I just downloaded v4.03 build 1722 and got errors when I opened an existing song. Only 3 of 12 tracks opened. I uninstalled and re-installed with the same result. I went back to v4.02 build 1707 and I'm back in business.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 08:51:38 PM by phil5633 » Logged
phil5633
Groupie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 09:19:07 PM »

I just installed build 1725 and my problems are solved.

Thank you FA for the excellent product and continuous improvement.
teej813
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 04:37:47 PM »

How's V4 treating you?  I'm between projects and thinking it may be time to try an upgrade.

tj

It may be the devil, and it may be the Lord, but you're gonna hafta serve somebody.
gtr4Him
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 12:44:16 PM »

Hi Teej,

I just now noticed this post. I am running V4 Build 1775 with no problems at all. As a matter of fact, I think the last few builds have even been more CPU efficient than previous V4 builds.

It's working great for me!

TG

People accuse me of being apathetic...

Meh... whatever...
Bubbagump
Administrator
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 11:43:46 AM »

Yeah That! The latest builds of N have been very very good.

Check out my bands, or at least the ones that have a web presence:
http://www.punchthemonkeyband.com
http://myspace.com/theslangrock
teej813
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 12:00:14 PM »

Excellent.  Thanks, guys!  Considering that it can be a hassle getting the FaSoft plugins registered correctly in 3.3 and that they're included with V4, i think it's time to make the move.

tj

EDIT:
Done.  I hope to have time over the next few days to try out V4.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 02:35:26 PM by teej813 » Logged

It may be the devil, and it may be the Lord, but you're gonna hafta serve somebody.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: